A Guide To Davidovich’s Kosher Status and Products
What is Kosher?
When your product or establishment is certified Kosher, shoppers know that you comply with a strict policy of kosher food laws, including cleanliness, purity and quality.
Who Certifies Davidovich’s Wholesale Facilities?
OK Kosher. OK Kosher Certification maintains one of the most instantly recognizable kosher symbols in the history of kosher certification. It is Eye-Catching and Symbolizes Kosher, Innovation and Professionalism.
Davidovich Bagels are Kosher Certified. They are parve and Pas Yisroel.
In kashrut, the dietary laws of Judaism, pareve (from Yiddish פאַרעווfor “neutral”, in Hebrew פרווה, and also parve and other variant English spellings) is a classification of edible substances that contain neither dairy nor meat ingredients.
Pas Yisroel or Pat Yisrael (Hebrew: פתישראל lit:”Bread of an Israelite”) products are grain-products that were cooked or baked with the participation of an observant Jew. The observant Jew must, at minimum, ignite the flame used to prepare, cook, or bake the grain product.
Davidovich Sweets are Certified as Kosher Dairy.
All foods derived from, or containing, milk are classified as dairy, including milk, butter, yogurt and all cheese – hard, soft and cream. Even a trace amount of dairy can cause a food to be considered dairy.
Dairy products must meet the following criteria in order to be certified kosher:
- They must come from a kosher animal.
- All ingredients must be kosher and free of meat derivatives. (Conventional rennet, gelatin, etc., are of animal origin and may not be used in kosher dairy.)
- They must be produced, processed and packaged on kosher equipment.
*A Complete list of Kosher Certified Bagels may be provided with a valid Kosher Certificate
**A Complete list of Kosher Certified Sweets may be provided with a valid Kosher Certificate
- Are Davidovich Kosher Dairy products also Cholov? No- Davidovich Sweets are not Cholov.
- Are Davidovich Parve Products certified as Yoshon? No- Davidovich Sweets are not made with Yoshon flour or certified as Yoshon
- Are Davidovich’s retail locations Certfied Kosher? Davidovich has two locations at the Essex Street and Chelsea Markets. While there are products at the locations that are certified as Kosher and the Davidovich’s Kosher products are sold there the locations themselves are not certified as Kosher by the OK Kosher or any other Kosher Agency
- Can I still get Kosher Products at Davidovich’s retail stores? Yes, you may special order any of Davidovich’s Wholesale products to be delivered to their retail locations Kosher Sealed for your comfort and protection.